The Envestnet Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The Envestnet Scholarship offers scholarships to qualified individuals who can demonstrate financial need and are from underrepresented populations within the financial planning profession. Envestnet has partnered with the Center for Financial Planning on this endeavor as part of its Envestnet Institute on Campus program, which is designed to provide the asset and wealth management industry with a talented, diverse pool of workforce-ready interns and entry-level employees.
The scholarship awards up to $5,000 to students seeking to complete a certificate-level CFP Board Registered program or up to $10,000 to students seeking to complete an undergraduate-level CFP Board Registered Program, either of which would qualify the student to sit for the CFP® exam. Individuals eligible for the scholarship will have a demonstrated financial need and come from underrepresented populations within the financial planning profession in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Applications will be reviewed by an independent Scholarship Review Panel comprised of CFP® professionals.
- Must be a U.S. resident;
- Must possess an undergraduate degree (if applying for a scholarship for a certificate-level program);
- Must be enrolled in a certificate or undergraduate-level CFP Board Registered Program;
- Must be from an underrepresented population within the financial planning profession in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation;
- Must have a demonstrated financial need, as explained in an essay to be submitted during the application process;
- Must exhibit professionalism and dignity and demonstrate the ability to enhance and maintain the profession’s public image; and
- Applicants who are selected to proceed to the final round of the application review process will be required to pass a background check conducted by CFP Board.
Please note that applications will only be accepted through the online portal. Please do not attempt to submit application materials (other than official transcripts) via mail, fax or email.
When submitting application essays and materials, please pay close attention to spelling, grammar and presentation.
Scholarship awards will be disbursed in two equal installments. To receive the first installment, recipients will have to demonstrate proof of enrollment in a certificate or undergraduate-level CFP Board Registered Program. If not currently enrolled in a program, recipients will have up to 6 months to enroll after being notified of the award. The second installment will be awarded either upon completing the program (if the awardee has already started coursework), or when the awardee is half-way through the program (if the awardee has not yet started coursework).
The next application window will open in 2022.
Receiving the Envestnet Scholarship has helped propel my career trajectory. I am both humbled and grateful for the opportunity to add value to the clients I serve while further advancing my career within the financial services industry with the help of Envestnet.